These next two cards are for a SCS pocket card swap. The card base on this one is purple with designer paper used as layers. The base of the insert is ivory with a layer of designer paper. The birds were punched out with a Martha Stewart punch using the same paper as the one used on the bottom of the card. They were popped up with foam tape as was the sentiment layer. The ribbon is holding the card together. I really like this one. Love the colors even though there are several being used.
This card I really struggled with putting together. I found a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers that I followed. I started with a piece of 5x11 white cardstock. After scoring the cardstock as shown, I used my paper cutter to cut the sections out for the pockets. I ended up using a scissors to cut some of it after wasting several pieces of white cardstock. The layers on the white piece are from a Creative Memories paper pack that I got at the stamp garage sale I went to last month. After the white piece was all put together, it is layered to a piece of Always Artichoke cardstock from Stampin Up, then the card base is Confetti Cream also from Stampin Up. The sentiment on the tag is from A Muse. Ignore my uneven cuts on the tag! :) I wasn't sure how to embellish the card so at the Scrap & Stamp Fest last Saturday, I asked Alex what she thought. She suggested the circles, button and ribbon to complete the vintage look of the card. I cut 3 circles - brown, always artichoke and confetti cream. I found the buttons and ribbon at Hancock Fabrics. I knotted a piece of cording through the button and the ribbon is satin. When I started this card, I wasn't liking it at all, however, the finished project is quite nice.
This is a make 'n take card we did at the Scrap & Stamp Fest with a technique which is creating faux leather. The silver piece of cardstock first had Versamark ink smeared all over it; it started off as gray. Then silver embossing powder was put all over it, the excess shaken off and then a heat gun used on it. A few of us had to do some spots over. The last step was running it through a Big Shot with an embossing folder. It is pretty cool looking in real life. The other technique used on this card was to use a color spritzer tool with a color marker. The spritzer holds a marker and then squeezing the ball part of the spritzer, color is applied to your project. You can see it on the piece with the motorcycle. Pretty cool!! Love the colors on this card too.
This next card is the graduation card I made for Shane Anderson who graduated from Roseville High School last Friday night. There's a post of the night on my Betty's Ramblings blog. His school colors are black, orange and white. The card is very simple and quick. I made it in just a few minutes Friday afternoon. I used the Smooch in gold on the diplomas. This is a paint that when dried has a pearlized look. It comes in several colors. I have it in gold, black, red, green and blue.
Alex had a few projects for sale and this is the one I purchased. It was the only card related one. It is four cards with a box to hold them in. So this is another project to work on. I don't know if I will keep it or give it to someone. Umm...I just thought of an idea. If anyone out there in blogland that reads my blog, would love to have it, leave a comment and I will gift it to someone.
I think that is all for right now that's been happening with my cards. I have another card swap almost finished and 6 more swaps to do. Besides those, I have cards to make for our June Shoebox Card Swap coming up on the 26th of this month. I was going to do the August Shoebox card swap, however I switched with Julie who was the hostess for June. She had an unexpected conflict so I said I'd do June. She'll do August.