I shared on my "Betty's Ramblings" blog last week that I bought myself a new toy, a mini sewing machine made by Janome. A blogger friend of mine has one and uses it on most of her cards. I like the way her cards look when she adds stitching to them and wanted to do the same on my cards.
Unfortunately, the machine had a problem with the tension. Regardless of where I set the tension, the stitching was not correct. So yesterday, after spending a good part of the day and watching a couple of tutorials, I asked Gerry to box the machine up for me. This morning we returned it to Hancock Fabrics where I had purchased it. I took a sample of the stitching with me so they could see what the machine was doing.
This is the card I wanted to put stitching on. I was going to straight stitch around the two pieces of designer scrapbook paper and then use a zigzag stitch around the image. I finished up the card last night and thought it came out okay. I used my Copics to color and then the flowers were part of my first prize that I won at our card swap in February. I put a pearl sticker in the middle of the flowers. Here is another card I just finished. The stamp is one that I have had for a while. I think it was among the first stamps I purchased when I first started making cards. I used Copics to color it and tried to use the same color scheme that is on the picture on the stamp itself. I think I should have used a lighter gray on the wheelbarrow or another color for it. I daubed VersaMagic Gingerbread chalk ink all around the image to cover the white cardstock. It doesn't really show up very well. Not real happy with the end result. I finished it off with some sheer black edged ribbon from A Muse.
2 years ago