Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Elizabeth's Cards

This afternoon I finally finished the 12 cards Elizabeth asked me to make for her. I made 7 of them on Monday and then did the other 5 this afternoon. She came by to pick them up around 7pm this evening.


On the first one, I used the sketch of another card I made sometime ago. I used a stamp from Stampin' Up and colored the image with Copic markers and put pearl stickers in the center of the flowers. I used the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder on the green layer and the print is from a Basic Grey paper pack. I got the decorative trim at Hancock Fabrics last week and wanted to see how it would work on a card. On the white layer I cut it out using a Nestability die and then popped it up with some foam tape. The card base is a dark pink. I'm not sure if I really like this card. I guess it looks okay. The card base on this one is a light aqua. I used the Swiss Dots embossing folder again on the large white layer. Then a piece of black and another piece of white that I stamped an image from Sassy Stamps. I used Copic markers to color the Dahlia in two shades of purple and green for the leaves. The little butterfly is a die cut that I received in my prize package from one of the swaps I participated in.
The other 10 cards were made using mostly A Muse products. She wanted 2 nicer ones and the rest to be simple. The butterfly was punched out using some paper from a Basic Grey paper pack. I used a thin piece of foam tape to adhere the butterfly and then pressed the wings towards the middle so it would look like the butterfly was in flight.
The note card I used for this card has the blue strip at the bottom of a white card. I thought it was perfect for water and decided to use this A Muse sailboat. I stamped the sun first then used a small round punch to punch it out. I used a Copic marker called Cool Shadow to outline the clouds.
On this card I used a pearl sticker in the middle of the flower to give it some dimension.

I love this card. The note card is a light aqua. Then there's a black checked cardstock layer and then the white. This particular A Muse stamp has the tiny bird on the end of the stamp. I was so proud of myself that I actually stamped the bird so it is sitting on the branch. The image was colored with Copics and a piece of sheer lavender ribbon finishes it off.
Another cute card. I used 2 different ink colors for the tiny flowers.
The cardbase on this card is Bordering Blue from Stampin' Up. The yellow check layer and the girl bear stamp is A Muse. The checker ribbon is from my ribbon stash.
Another cute card. The note card and stamp is A Muse.
I struggled with making this card. I used a sample I did from an A Muse class I took. I couldn't decide on the color scheme. The piece of cardstock that was used for the Sweet Shop stamp was scored at the top so an awning could be formed for the shop. Its the same cardstock as the strip behind it.
This is probably my favorite of all of them. I forgot to take a picture of this one so I called Elizabeth and asked her if she would take a picture and email it to me. I want to use this same layout again. I again surprised myself by getting the bird right on top of the mushroom. I used a fine point black pen to draw the little dots up to the bee and then used Crystal Stickles to highlight it. The dots on the mushrooms also have Crystal Stickles on them. I also outlined the bee with the Cool Shadow Copic marker.
So that was the last of the cards for Elizabeth.
This next card is one that I did for a SCS card swap. Stamps from The Angel Company had to be used. I've had this particular TAC stamp for several years. I didn't know for sure how it would stamp since it was so old. I thought it came out pretty good. There are some clear round stickers on the right side of the flower and used the same blue checked ribbon on this card as I did for one of Elizabeth's cards.
I joined 3 different swaps all being hosted by the same person. The above set is one of them. I have one more swap to do for this same hostess and then I can mail them all off together. This particular swap ends June 30th.
Tomorrow I need to get back to working on my swaps. I'll also be deciding on who will get the gift of the card set I mentioned on a previous post. There is still time to put your name in. Look at the "Catching Up" post to see the card set. To be considered, a comment needs to be left on the blog, either this post or either of the two previous posts. It can't be an email comment, it has to be left on the blog!

2 comments:

jalna said...

Wow, how do you do it?!! I just love the variety of your cards.

Betty Townsend said...

Look at what other people do with the stamp then come up with a design of my own. The beauty of A Muse stamps is the cards are simple so no guessing game as to what to do with them. :))