Thursday, June 17, 2010

Two SCS Card Swaps

I have been working on the SCS Card Swaps I signed up for. These two swaps are due the first part of July. This first one is called "Through the Year" and there were different categories to sign up for. I chose Sympathy, Male Cards and Anniversary. Two of the cards for this swap are ones that I've made before. On this Sympathy card I changed the color scheme from the previous card I made using this layout and stamp. The base card is a dark peach, then a soft green that I used the Swiss Dot Cuttlebug embossing on, a layer of brown, peach and ivory. The stamp is from Stampin' Up's Artfully Asian stamp set. I used the yellow Marvy scallop oval punch for the sentiment and popped it up with foam tape. I used brown chalk ink to stamp and rolled the scallop oval through the ink. Also, Copics to color the image. The ribbon is a generic sheer ribbon edged in peach. This card is for the Male category. The stamps are Stampin' Up. I don't remember if I used Stampin' Up cardstock for the card base or not. The striped paper is some paper I have in my stash. I used a soft blue, black and then white that I stamped the bear on using brown chalk ink.
I've used this design so many times. It can be birthday or anything you would want to celebrate. This is my Anniversary card. The card base is dark teal, with a layer of black and then kraft. I used the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder on this and then scored lines under the embossing on the top and bottom. The ribbon is from AMuse. I love this color combination. I need to find more of this teal, I think I used all I had for this card. The lady hosting this swap lives in Indiana where they've been having some really bad weather.
The next swap that is due in July is one for Wedding Anniversary cards. Again I've used this design before, I just changed the paper used for the butterflies and the ribbon. The card base is white as is the layer which I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder on. I then scored lines under the embossing and at the bottom of the card. Its a little difficult to see that it is white on white. I cut the butterflies from a sheet of Basic Grey designer cardstock. It looks black, it's actually navy blue. The ribbon is navy blue also. I put some tiny pearl stickers down the middle of the butterflies and popped them up with foam tape. The hostess for this swap lives in Maryland.
I'll put these in the mail tomorrow. The next SCS swaps are due in August so I can take a little bit of a break. Although, I now need to get ready for another Shoebox Card Swap which I am hosting here at the park next week Saturday. We'll be using the clubhouse. Fourteen ladies have signed up so it should be a fun time. I was going to host in August, however, Julie who was going to host this month had an unexpected conflict so we are switching. She'll host the August shoebox swap.
The theme for this month's swap is Summer Time Fun or Patriotic. I don't know if I have anything that will work. I need to look and see what I might have, I don't want to have to go buy something. :) Yeah, right!!

No comments: