Monday, May 24, 2010

Birthday Cards

Here are two birthday cards I made last week. The first one is for Wendi, our youngest daughter. I used a Martha Stewart border punch on the two layers of designer cardstock. The square was made with a Nestability die cut. Wendi's birthday was the 20th so hopefully she's gotten her card by now. I was late in getting it mailed. This is the birthday card I made for Ashley, granddaughter. She celebrates her 18th birthday on the 27th. She had her birthday party this past Saturday. I used my Xyron machine on the butterflies, punching them out first, running both of them through the Xyron then sprinkling glitter on the side with the adhesive. I thought the card needed more so I added the ribbon. It still didn't look finished so I added the pearl stickers. The paisley print is a piece of designer cardstock and also the scalloped oval is a stripe pattern that coordinates with the paisley print.
I was rather pleased with the way both of these cards turned out. :)

No comments: