Thursday, November 20, 2008

Holiday Gift Fair, Part II

Here is Part II of the Holiday Gift Fair....



Cards:

These cards are available for $4.00 each. If purchasing 2 or more cards, they are $3.50 each.

This card can be used as a birthday card or any other occasion that is being celebrated. The card base is teal with a black layer and then a Kraft layer that I used my Cuttlebug on. I embossed an inch or so on the top and bottom and left an open space where the "Celebrate" is stamped. I turned the layer over and on my cutter scored two narrow lines where the embossing ended on both the top and bottom. I finished it off with a stitched turquoise ribbon from A Muse.

These are 2 Asian cards that I made some time ago. The one on the left is a red card base. The three squares are layered with black, red and white. The white layer was stamped with three different Kanji stamps. There is a black strip on the right of the card that I put a sheer gold ribbon over. The card on the right has a black card base with a gray layer that I stamped a Japanese writing stamp on in black ink. The butterfly was first stamped on the gray layer then stamped again on a piece of Washi paper and cut out. I backed the Washi with a piece of heavier paper to give it some body. It was then placed over the stamped butterfly with foam tape. A small section of the Japanese writing stamp was stamped with white ink onto the black strip and a small scalloped circle with a sentiment was placed over the strip using foam tape. I first made this particular card in an Asian card class at The Paper Garden.


Two more Asian cards. The card on the left has a light green card base. (I apologize again for my poor picture taking, it's hard to see what's on the card. And too, the cards are in clear protective sleeves. I should have taken them out.) The stamps used are from a Kodomo clear stamp set using their watercolor stamp pads. One of the stamps was used on the green layer. Then there is a narrow gold and red layer that has a chop stamp on the bottom of the red layer. Another piece of gold backs the ivory layer that has a pagoda stamped on it again using a Kodomo watercolor stamp pad. These stamp pads have several different colors on each pad. Then a piece of sheer ribbon with an Asian coin is wrapped around the gold and ivory layer. This card was also first made in an Asian card class. The card beside it has an ivory card base that has tiny dots all over it. The squares are black, gold and a piece of Washi paper. I cut out a piece of cardboard and covered it with the Washi so it looks puffy. I adhered a black tassel behind the Washi square. A tiny piece of Washi is placed under the gold layer.


Both of these are birthday cards. The one on the left has an olive green card base, then a pink layer and then a white layer that I used the Cuttlebug on. I repeated the layers again and stamped a flower on the white layer with Happy Birthday in the bottom corner. I used Copic markers on the flower, two different pinks and two different greens. I tied a sheer pink polka dot ribbon over the larger layers. I also rounded the corners on the layers. A very girly looking card. The card beside it has a light aqua card base. If I remember correctly, the top layer is Groovy Guava by SU that I cuttlebugged. The bottom layer is DP. I then used a black layer and a white layer that I stamped a flower vase from a SU set. I used SU markers to color it. SU's ticket corner punch was used and I rolled the white layer in Groovy Guava ink. The ribbon is AMuse. The oval was rolled through Groovy Guava ink also and used an AMuse birthday stamp.




This card was made using stamps from Memory Box. I actually CASED the card using a different color scheme than is used on the sample on their website. When I first saw the card at The Paper Garden I just had to have the stamps. I have a "thing" right now for butterflies! :) The card base is purple then an ivory layer. On most of the card samples from Memory Box, an ivory layer is used and then it is sponged with Versamagic Gingerbread ink using a dauber. I need lots of practice doing this technique, however, I sure like the way it looks. Then I used a pink color and tried to daub a rectangle where I wanted the first stamp to go. I actually measured out the area and I think it came out ok. I stamped the word stamp that includes the butterfly first in black ink over the rectangle. Then I stamped it again on a scrap piece of white, colored in the butterfly using 2 different purples then cut it out. I mounted it over the stamped butterfly with foam tape. The second stamp is the two small butterflies and flowered branch. I colored in the flowers with a dark pink. I absolutely love this card and think it came out as good as the Memory Box website sample. :)



This Christmas card has a red card base. The black layer was cuttlebugged. The smaller red layer is Stardream red so it has some shimmer to it. I have had this candle stamp for some time and forgot I even had it. It's amazing what you find when you go looking through your stash. I used Copic markers to color it in then went all over it with a clear Spica glitter pen. I think I ruined it by doing that. It's hard to see that the candle is red. I used red crystals for the holly berries then tied white sheer ribbon at the bottom.



The stamp used on this Christmas card is from a SU set. The card base is Christmas red with black and white layers. I used Copic markers to color, then again used a clear Spica glitter pen. I used gold Stickles on the streamers, around the edge of the square and the middle of the poinsettia.




The stamp used here is from the same set as the previous card. The berries were colored in with red Stickles and gold Stickles used around the edge of the square and the streamers. The card base is a Christmas green with black and white layers. The sentiment is from the same set.



The next two Christmas cards are also from Memory Box. The card base on this one is burgundy with the ivory layer. I used the same technique as the butterfly card, daubing it with Versamagic Gingerbread ink. The word block was stamped in brown. I also stamped the reindeer in brown and then colored it with Copic Light Walnut marker. I used a red crystal for its nose.



On this card, the card base is a dark brown with an ivory layer. I stamped the tree with Versamark then embossed it with gold embossing powder. The same reindeer was used and colored with Copic Light Walnut marker. I colored in the nose with a Copic Strong Red marker. Both of these cards are very classic looking.
The other cards that I have available can be found in older posts here on my blog. I didn't want to repeat posting them.



Journals: These can be used for many different purposes. They are made using the black and white composition books that we used in school. I made one of these for myself some time ago that I am using to write the directions for the cards I make. Mine did not turn out as well as these did. I found a tutorial online that was so easy to use. They are completely covered front and back, and inside too. I included a ribbon to be used as a page marker. I am selling them for $8.00 and can be made in different color choices.


This one is yellow, green and turquoise stripes. The piece covering the binding is green with white circles. The inside is covered with yellow and the ribbon is green edged in yellow.




This one is two different turquoise patterns. A piece of lavender card stock was adhered to the edge of the two pieces. I wanted to use ribbon there, however, it was after I had already adhered the inside layer and didn't want any raw edges to be shown. Any future ones I make will have ribbon to cover the two seams. The inside is lined with turquoise. The page marker is striped lavender and turquoise ribbon.




This was my favorite and was the only one I sold. I may have more of this paper left that I could possibly make another one. The pattern repeats on the back. It has an ivory background with black dots then the pattern is coral. The piece on the binding is the coral with white dots. The inside is lined with beige and has an ivory page marker.




This one is yellow with white dots and the binding is the same stripped cardstock used on the first journal. A strip of turquoise is placed where the two pieces join and the page marker is turquoise ribbon. The inside is lined with yellow.



This last one is covered with mauve that has tiny white squares on it. The binding is beige with mauve and orange flowers and sage green. There is a strip of sage green over the two pieces and the page marker is sage green. The inside was covered with mauve.



Shopping List Notebooks: I am selling these for $3.00. If two or more are purchased, they are $2.75 each. They can also be made in different choices.


Unfortunately this one is sold. It is purple with a patterned purple designer paper panel on the front and inside the front cover. It's tied with a lavender ribbon. I may be able to make another one that is similar. The designer paper may be different.




This is also sold. It has a black cover with designer paper in ivory with a black pattern. Black ribbon ties it shut.




This one is also sold. It has a lavender base with a striped designer paper in pinks, greens, lavender and turquoise. The ribbon is sheer polka dot lavender. I think I still have some of this paper left.



This one is available. It has a burgundy base and the designer paper is a grayish blue with burgundy, white, olive green and yellow circles and dots. It's tied with a light brown ribbon.




This is another sold one. The base is a sage green. The designer paper is ivory background with different shades of pink roses and sage green leaves. I think I have more of this paper too. I used a dark pink ribbon to close it with. This one is my favorite.





I didn't realize I uploaded these two same ones. At any rate, the first one is red with a beige color designer paper. It has a musical score on it. The butterfly was colored using different fall colors, browns and gold and tied with a red ribbon. The next one has a blue cover. The striped paper has blues, yellow, and a dark pink in it. The birds were colored in blue. The next one is a hot pink. The designer paper has pink, green and a lighter pink circles. The last one I believe was explained above.




Here is one of them opened up. This picture is so bad, its hard to tell.




Bookmarks: These were made from pieces of cardstock that were left over after making the Baby Shower Invitations that I posted in an older post. Ivory cardstock was used for the stamp and sentiment and then backed with a piece of colored cardstock. The corners were rounded. Then they were laminated, holes punched in them at the top, the corners rounded and then coordinating ribbon tied through the hole at the top. This project was a me, husband and friend Michelle project. Michelle stamped and backed the majority of them. I then borrowed her laminating machine after she found the pouches online and I ordered them so that my husband could laminate all of them. There were 89 total. He helped reluctantly; they would not have been finished if he had not helped me. I thanked him for his efforts and hope he realizes how much I appreciated his help. I then rounded the corners and he punched the holes in the top so I could tie the ribbons. I even snuck a few with me when we went on our trip to PG so I could tie ribbons. There are several of most of the designs in different color combinations. I am selling them for $2.00 or 2 or more for $1.75.


A dark green tree backed with dark green, a gray watering can with flowers backed in a bright pink and madonna and child stamped in blue and backed with blue.




Christmas dove backed with turquoise, puppy in a shoe stamped in brown and backed with brown, wishing well with purple flowers backed with purple, purple flower in vase backed with purple.




Red Roses backed with red, blue snowflakes backed with blue, Santa and his reindeer backed with red and herb pots backed in dark green. Because these designs go sideways, I did not put ribbons on them.



Bird on a tree stump, another wishing well, teddy bear in stocking and a trio of trees.





I goofed again. I don't know how to delete a picture. Need to find out how to do that. If anyone knows, holler ok!! Violets done in purple, a daffodil done in purple, flowers done in hot pink and a branch of cherry blossoms done in dark pink.































No comments: