Friday, November 21, 2008

Denise's Birthday Card

My daughter, Denise celebrated her birthday on November 11th. This is the card I made for her. The card base is a pale yellow with a grayish blue layer that I used the Cuttlebug on. The next layer is a piece of designer paper from Basic Grey. I stamped the butterfly on the paper then stamped it again on blue paper. I used a yellow Copic marker on parts of the butterfly then outlined the whole thing with a clear Spica glitter pen. An AMuse happy birthday stamp was used in bottom right corner. I used a tiny piece of foam tape on the back of the butterfly and folded up its wings so it looks like its in flight. I'm just crazy right now about using butterflies in my designs. I just love the way they look. I hope Denise liked her card, I haven't heard from her (she's a busy lady!!)

2 comments:

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Beautiful card, Betty. Love the soft coloring.

Betty Townsend said...

Thank you, Barb. I talked to my daughter this afternoon. She loved her card.