Friday, November 21, 2008

An Anniversary Card and My Version

My daughter, Denise has done scrapbooking for years. She is a Creative Memories consultant. Occasionally she has made some cards too and they are always beautiful. On a recent trip to Fayetteville, NC where they lived for several years (they now live in Enterprise, AL), she and a friend made about 40 different cards. When I asked her to show me some, she didn't respond to my request. For our anniversary she sent us the beautiful card on the left in this picture. I looked at it and thought I could do something like that too. When I emailed her to thank her and compliment her on her card, she told me the designer paper was from Basic Grey. So I went through my stuff and decided on the design on the right. The designer paper on my card is also from Basic Grey. The stamp used in the square is from a SU set. I forgot to ask her how she did the flourish on her card. Unfortunately, I don't have anything like that. The colors in my card are greens, blues, rust and a dark red. I put a bronze charm in the right hand corner that says "Inspire". The colors in her card are blacks, orange and some gray. The black brads that she used look like they have some glitter in them. We both used a black card base.. So what do you think. I think they are both great!

She called a few days later and my husband answered the phone. He told her I made the comment that "my daughter was trying to outdo her mother". I'm not sure that is what I said, however, she laughed and said "all crafters copy each other"!! That is probably very true in some instances. I need to take a picture of another card she sent me, probably part of the 40 or so cards she and her friend made. I'll post that one later. My card is for sale at $4.00.

No comments: