Friday, December 12, 2008

Three New Christmas Cards

I made these Christmas cards today. The stamp images are all from Memory Box. This first card has a burgundy card base. The layer of designer paper is from one of Memory Box's Christmas packs. Dave Brethauer, the owner and designer of Memory Box does a lot of daubing the light color cardstock that he uses for his cards. I did that with all 3 of these cards that I made. After I stamped the Dove collage and daubed the ivory layer, I mounted it on a black layer. I colored the leaves of the sprig with a dark green Copic marker and put glitter on the dove. The sentiment I used is from a clear AMuse stamp set. I also put a layer of ivory paper on the inside with a strip of the designer paper. I really like the way this turned out. This card has a dark brown card base. The next layer is Summer Sun from SU. On the ivory layer, I daubed it as I did on the card above using Versamagic Gingerbread ink. I do believe this is Dave's favorite color ink to use when daubing on a card. :) I used the Memory Box Sprinkles stamp, which are 2 different size snowflakes mounted on the same wood block, and gold ink and stamped randomly all over the ivory layer.
The reindeer is also a Memory Box stamp that I stamped in a dark brown and colored with a Copic Light Walnut marker. This, also, is one of Dave's favorite color markers to use. The sentiment is a clear stamp from AMuse and it was stamped in a dark brown. The reindeer has a red nose. There's a layer of ivory cardstock on the inside of the card.

The card on the left is one that I made at a Make 'n Take in October when Dave visited The Paper Garden. The card base is a light blue 4 1/4 square. It opens on the side. The card on the right is the one I made today. There is a dark brown layer over the card base. I didn't have the same color for the upper layer so used ivory cardstock. I daubed some of the Gingerbread ink on the edgles. The Sprinkles were stamped with Brillance Pearlescent Ice Blue ink. The reindeers were stamped in dark brown and then colored with the Copic Light Walnut marker. I used red Stickles (glitter glue) for their noses. The designer paper used for the bottom strip is from the same paper pack as the first card. I daubed the edges of that piece too. The sentiment I used is a clear stamp from AMuse. I don't have the dark brown ribbon used on the Make 'n Take card so used the sheer brown ribbon from AMuse.


2 comments:

Chrissy D said...

These are WONDERFUL! Love them! TFS!

Betty Townsend said...

Thank you, Chrissy for visiting my blog. Glad you liked the cards! :)