Friday, December 12, 2008

Paper Crafts

On the Friday after Thanksgiving, Michael's had all of their $19.99 paper packs at 40% off. There was also a 25% coupon for entire purchase good for Friday only. I got a pack of Christmas scrapbook paper, a pack of all occasion scrapbook paper and 2 packs of 12x12 cardstock.

Tomorrow I am doing a card/jewelry workshop out in Lincoln. The invitees will have the opportunity to make either a pair of earrings, a bracelet and a card to use as a gift card. I am doing this workshop with 2 other ladies.

I found out that we could bring product to sell which I had not planned on doing. So I wanted to make up some new items to take along with the items I already have on hand. Anyway, I had 2 composition books left from those that I covered and offered for sale at our church's holiday gift fair last month. The colors on this one are a golden yellow and a mauve pink. I used a coordinating paper to cover the insides and the binding. I decided to put a strip of ribbon where the two papers joined and glued the ends down before I covered the inside of the covers. I really like the way it turned out.
This one is blue with some white flowers and green leaves. The ribbon is called Apple Green from SU. Of the two, I think I like this one the best.

I found some Christmas note pads at Michael's and made more shopping list notepads. I made 8 of these using the Christmas scrapbook paper I got on sale. I forgot to take pictures of the insides. They are a little wider than those I made for the Holiday Gift Show in November.


These are so easy to make and go together rather quickly after I figured out the coordinating pieces.

I made 8 of these using the assortment of papers from one of the other packs I bought. The paper for the Journals are part of this pack. I got a pack of junior size legal pads from Office Depot to make these and had the pads cut down from 5x8 to 3 1/2 x 8.

All of the patterns and colors are really fantastic.

My friend Diana's oldest daughter ordered 7 of these shopping list notepads, so she will have a nice variety to choose from.







No comments: