Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Cards

This is probably my favorite of all the Christmas cards I made. The card base is a dark green and the designer paper is from Basic Gray. The stamps are Memory Box's winter 2008 release. I used Copic markers to color the holly and berries. I put a layer of ivory on the inside and a strip of the designer paper. I sent this card to Denise and family for their Christmas card.

I saw this layout on a blog I read sometimes. I changed it up a little. The layers are a dark green, dark brown and a Kraft layer. I sponged the Kraft layer with white craft ink then stamped the trees in white. It took me several tries to get the trees how I wanted them. The larger tree was stamped in a dark green chalk ink.
This next card was one of the designs that I was going to use for our 2007 Christmas cards. Unfortunately, I did not get them finished nor sent out. So I decided to finish a few and included them with the cards I sent out for 2008 Christmas. It is a very simple card, a white card base, the oval is stamped with a pale green and then stamped the dove in black over the oval. The fern was punched out with a fern punch and glued on using CM glue pen.





No comments: