Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Birthday Cards & Bind-It-All Projects

This birthday card was for our grandson, Andy, who celebrated his 6th birthday last week. He had a party with some school friends at a place called Adventureland where they have bounce houses and all kinds of play things for kids. Then this past Sunday there was cake over at his house for the grandparents, cousins and 2 aunties. It is so difficult sometimes to come up with ideas for boy cards. This is a simple little party hat from AMuse. The sentiment is also. I stamped them with black ink then colored in with Copic markers. The card base is blue. I put a layer of white cardstock on the inside then stamped a verse on it. Simple card, yet cute and he liked it. Andy starts off the family birthdays and it was for his birthday that I started making family birthday cards. I think it was his 2nd birthday. This next card was for a friend's birthday. Sue goes to the same church we do. She's a retired Sheriff's deputy and back in the mid 90's I had a temp position in the Placer County Court Clerk's office. She was a baliff in one of the courtrooms. I saw her one day when she came up to the clerk's office to pick up the mail for her department. I recognized her as someone that attended our church. We became close friends after that. At one time, she also did crafts. Anyway, this is the card I made for her birthday. It's real simple too. The card base is a lime green. I cut a strip of white cardstock with my Marvy paper cutter using a scallop wheel. I edged the scalloped with lime green Stickles and used silver and candy cane Stickles to do the dots on the white. The flower stamp is from Memory Box and the happy birthday is by AMuse. I used a Copic marker to color in the flower then went over it with a Spica silver glitter pen. The striped piece of cardstock is from AMuse. I put a piece of white cardstock on the inside before I wrote in it. The ribbon is pink sheer with polka dots.
This is the post-it-note holder that I made for her. I covered it with scrapbook paper. The pad is a lime green although it looks yellow. I used pale green and maroon ribbons in the wires. Sue loved her card and gift.
This birthday card was made for Susan, my son-in-law's sister. The cardbase is turquoise. I cut two strips from my cardstock scraps with my Marvy paper cutter using the scallop wheel and put them under each long side of the white cardstock. The flower stamp is AMuse and the sentiment is SU. I used SU and Copic markers to color the flower then for the center I used yellow Stickles. I put a white layer on the inside and a strip of the striped cardstock. Yet another simple, cute card.
Here's the post-it-note holder I made for her. The ribbon I got at Michael's.
This note pad was made using a junior size legal tablet (5x8). I had Office Depot cut them down to 3 1/2 x 8. At Christmas I made a bunch of these with cardstock covers that had a ribbon to close it shut. I wanted to use my Bind-It-All to see how they would come out. I like them although I think I need to get some smaller size wires. I used the 3/4 inch wires on this and the next one. I think it's a little too big of a size wire for these because they are not very thick.
This one was made using a 3x5 size note pad. The scrapbook paper used is all scraps. So these are a nice way to use up scraps.
I have a few more birthday cards to make and more post-it-note holders to finish. I'll post those as soon as I get them finished. I'm sure having a lot of fun using my Bind-It-All!





2 comments:

jalna said...

Wow, Betty looks like you've been busy and making good use of your Christmas present. . . veeeery creative. I love your ribbon collection. I especially love the polka dotted ones. They're so pretty I think if I had some, I'd probably just want to save 'um and not use 'um up.

Betty Townsend said...

I love the Bind-It-All. I have a spiral notebook that is for keeping all my passwords in. It's coming apart (I bought it) so I was looking at it and thinking I can make a new one and use my machine to bind it.:) I love ribbon!! And like to use it on my cards. It seems to be the perfect finishing touch.