Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thank You Card/SCS Swap Card

I made this "Thank You" card to send to Jalna, my Hawaii blogger friend who sent me the box of "goodies" from home. She made up some cards a while ago using some scraps. This particular stamp was used for one of her cards. I've had this set for a few years, however, haven't done anything with it. Mainly because I couldn't think of anything to do with it. I actually wanted to CASE her card...found and bought the ink pad she used. My version didn't come out too well. So then I was looking through my paper stash and found this paper. I loved the color combination...a little out of my comfort zone because I don't like orange. Anyway, here's what I came up with. I really like how it turned out and Jalna liked it too. Sometimes trying something different really works together. :) This next card is for a SCS card swap called "Four Legged Friends" and one of the available catagories is hedgehogs. I love these little critters and knew I had a stamp set to use. I did something different by cutting the two designer papers diagonally. The ribbon is covering where the paper joins up. I cut the two top layers using one of my Nestability dies. I needed an embellishment so used the buttons. I don't like to leave the buttons "naked" yet I didn't have anything that worked...tried embroidery thread, hemp string and some yarn...didn't like how any of it looked.
Hopefully in a week or so I'll get back cards from this swap. Can't wait to see what I get.

No comments: