Friday, July 2, 2010

SCS Pocket Cards Card Swap

On Wednesday I received the cards from the Pocket Cards Card Swap on Splitcoast Stampers. I signed up for 2 spots so I got 10 cards. We had to make 6 cards, 1 for the hostess and then 5 to swap. All of the cards are really nice. The next two cards were made by the same person. I almost did this pattern of pocket card.



This one is really sweet. It could be used for a baby shower invitation or baby thank you.
When the tag was pulled out, a tea bag was attached. Love it. I love the teapot stamp too.
This is an interesting card. When the ribbon is pulled out...
...a package of flower seeds came out. Very clever. The ribbon is around the seed package in the pocket.

This one was very different and smaller.

This is a flower pot pocket card. The flowers pull out.

I got a prize for signing up for 2 spots. Most swap hostesses give a prize for taking more than 1 spot in a swap. This is a clear stamp.
She also included a couple of stamped images.

The hostess for this swap lives in the north eastern section of Alabama.

4 comments:

jalna said...

I love, love, love these! So, amazing the amount of work put into them. Betty, on the pink Happy Birthday card, the one with the cupcake pull-out, do you know how she made the "water-drop" looking spots? I think that's so neat.

Betty Townsend said...

Hey Jalna...I'm not sure, however, she might have used something called "Glossy Accents" by Ranger Inks. Its a clear dimensional embellishment. I just got a bottle of it. It gives a clear raised look to images. It can also be used to glue embellishments, like beads, to a card or scrapbook page. There are other products on the market that will do the same thing. Judikins makes "Diamond Glaze". That particular card is really neat IRL (in real life). :) Glad you liked them. I posted the cards I made in an earlier post.

Tiffany @ Eat at Home said...

Those are fantastic! Love the one with the tea pot.

Betty Townsend said...

Thank you, Tiffany. I sure enjoy your blog. :)