I took 2 of her classes last Saturday. She actually taught 4 classes on Friday and 3 on Saturday. One of the Saturday classes was using Copic markers. I took a class with Linda, the owner of AMuse stamps in April and didn't want to do another class. Actually, I had to think hard and long about taking classes this year. They are rather expensive, although there is a slight savings if more than 1 class is taken. I really wanted to see Julie so I decided to do it. The first class she taught on Saturday was using the different floral images that AMuse has.
This first card was cut with a circle cutter. We used a green ink pad to ink the stems and then inked the flower with Versamark. Then using a white embossing powder and a heat gun, embossed the flowers. There is a butterfly stamped on the inside. The ribbon is holding the two circles together. This card was fun to make. Three different inks were used, a green for the stems, a blue for the middle of the flower and then the edges were lightly inked with a darker blue. Julie didn't want to bring her Xyron machine with her so she found some wide sticky tape. We put that over the flowers and then dipped it in glitter. It is really pretty in real life. :)
On this card, we punched out 5 flowers using a scallop circle punch. Then we scrunched up each one and then took an emery board and roughed up the first blossom. The daisy center was punched out with a different punch. After they were all smoothed out, we stacked them and using a pin, make a hole in the middle of all 6 layers. I actually broke off the head of the pin we were using to make the hole in the center. After we got the hole made, we used a brad to hold it all together and with a glue dot, adhered to the card base. We had already stamped a leaf frond on the card base. The punched border on the green layer was done with a Fiskars border punched.
This next card is so awesome. Julie's sample was absolutely beautiful. First we stamped the leaves on a piece of white cardstock. Then we took some very sheer ribbon that is 5 inches wide and covered the white layer, adhering it to the back. Then we inserted a piece of white vellum behind the ribbon and stamped the rose on the ribbon. I did not ink up the stamp enough so I didn't get a clear image. The pearl sticker were then adhered onto the ribbon as was the sentiment. The pearls have a pink shimmer to them. The Paper Garden is suppose to be carrying this wide ribbon. I would love to make another one of these cards.
The next set of cards were made with some of the new Christmas stamps. The gingerbread boy and girl was stamped with Versamark ink and then embossed with white embossing powder. They were cut out and then popped up with foam tape. I don't like to "fussy cut" so don't look too closely at my handiwork. :) The sentiment was also popped up with foam tape. The strip of donuts was made using a border punch.
The snow people are new. I actually cut the curve on the white cardstock freehand. I was amazed at myself. We used a glue pen and put a glue line on the edge and used flower flock to look like snow on the edge. Copics were used to color the snow people.
The holly branch and sentiment is part of the new Christmas stamps. We stamped the holly on the branch and then stamped some of the holly on a separate piece of cardstock and punched them out. Those few are popped up with foam tape.
I realized that I didn't finish this card. There is suppose to be glitter on the snowflake, around the roof line of the house and along the ridges. I'll do it later.
I really like this card. We stamped the trees on white cardstock with Versamark and then embossed them with clear embossing powder. Then we took a piece of post it note, tore off a tiny bit of the top of the post it where the adhesive is and put the post it on the card. Then using a blue ink and a gray ink, sponged in the winter sky. When the post it was removed, there was a snow line. So elegant looking. I bought this stamp which comes with a leaf stamp on the side of it. I didn't get the sentiment, will have to get it later. The sentiment was stamped using the gray ink. I could easily do this for Christmas cards this year.
I wasn't going to post this card and then decided to do it anyway. It is made with a piece of clear acrylic. We stamped a large blossom on it with white Stazon ink. The layers are crooked, one of the reasons I wasn't going to post it.
Close up of the flowers.
There was a reception at The Paper Garden after the last class. It is by private invitation and given to those who have spent a certain amount of money during the year. I was surprised to get one this year. They have food to enjoy, this year there was chow mein, gyoza, won tons, fresh fruit, veggie tray, mochi and pieces of cake. This was all homemade by Stephanie's mother and aunts. Stephanie (the owner) is Japanese. Some really good deals are offered. I didn't partake of much of it, I was so tired and it was very warm in the store so I just wanted to get home. They also do make 'n takes so I did get the templates for those. All of this week there have been make 'n takes, however haven't been down to do any of them.