Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Thank You Card & Another Bumper Card

I finished making my Mother's Day cards yesterday. I made a total of 11 cards, not as many as I made last year, still a lot. This morning I got the pictures taken and will wait until probably next Monday before I post them. Several of the people getting a card read my blog so I don't want to reveal the cards just yet. I still have 2 birthday cards to do and a couple of Bumper cards that I should make before we leave on our trip back east.

What I can show you are a couple of cards I received this past week. The first card is from a Stampin Up demonstrator that I met at the card swap last month. I ordered a couple of SU products off of her website and she sent this card.
The card base is white and the layers are a turquoise and mustard yellow. They are SU cardstock and unfortunately I don't know what the names are. I love the combination. It may be difficult to see in the picture, on the yellow layer she embossed some beautiful roses (click on the picture to enlarge and you may be able to see it better). The ribbon is the matching turquoise with white strips. And she stamped the saying in the matching ink. Beautiful card.
Here is the inside of the card. This stamp set is called "Fifth Avenue", I believe. It is these beautiful blossoms that she stamped in the same color inks as the cardstock layers. She left the inside blank and a note to me said she intentionally leaves her cards blank in case the receiver wants to use the card. What a clever idea! Anyway, I want to get this stamp set!!
This is another bumper card that I got from Angie in Oregon. She mailed one to me already, the one with the skunk. When I emailed her to thank her, she said she couldn't remember if she had mailed one to me so sent another one. LOL!! It's an A Muse card and so adorable! The sentiment inside says "You're my cup of tea".


No comments: