Thursday, February 19, 2009

Birthday Cards

These are cards I made for 3 friends that I worked with at the Juvenile Courthouse. This is Alena's birthday card. Her birthday was in January. I tried something new with this card. The card base is a dark brown. I then adhered a piece of Basic Grey cardstock on top of the base card and used a SU stamp set to stamp directly onto the designer cardstock instead of stamping on a separate layer. The leaves were stamped in a brown and the flowers in red. I used crystal Stickles in the center of the flowers. I was not real thrilled with that, I should have used a different color. Then with a fine point pen, I drew short lines and dots around the edge of the layer. Unfortunately, the lines are not straight. The inside of the card was finished off with a layer of ivory cardstock.
This card was for Michelle. She sits up at the reception window of the courthouse and is usually the voice a person hears when they call the courthouse. I made this card as a Mother's Day last year in black and white. The cardbase for this is an olive green, then a layer of dark brown that I put through the Cuttlebug. A layer of peach, brown and then ivory. The stamp set is SU. The flowers and vase were colored with Copics and I used a SU corner punch on all the layers.

This card was for Esther whose birthday was this month. I've made this card in teal and kraft. I used a dark green as the card base for this card with a layer of kraft that I put through the Cuttlebug on the top and bottom. Then I scored double lines where the embossing ends. I punched a butterfly using a Martha Stewart punch and popped it up with foam tape. The "Celebrate" was stamped with a dark green chalk ink. I added a layer of kraft paper on the inside and another punched out butterfly. The dark green ribbon finishes off the card.


3 comments:

jalna said...

Very, very nice cards as usual, each with special touches. The first one is very artistic, and I love the crystal Stickles. They're perfect. I like the mottled background too. Did you stamp it? I love the embossed portions of the second and third cards. Makes me want to bust out my rubber stamping supplies.

Betty Townsend said...

No, the background is a piece of cardstock from Basic Grey. There are actually leaves and branches on the cardstock itself and then I stamped the ones that you see. You should do some stamping. I keep asking Leslie to post some, she hasn't yet. I'd love to see what she's done too. The cards you

Betty Townsend said...

I'm on my laptop, I accidently hit the return key. To finish my sentence -- The cards you've made are fantastic!! Do some more!