Friday, February 27, 2009

Birthday Card & Post-It Note Holder for Sherri

This card is for Sherri who I worked with at Juvenile Court. The butterfly is from a SU set and the two different leaf stamps are from Judikins. One is a leafy bamboo and the other is a fern. I used 2 different green chalk inks for the leaves then sponged all around the leaves with one of the green inks. I stamped the butterfly on a piece of white c/s, colored it with Copic markers then cut it out. It's mounted with a thin strip of foam tape in the middle of the butterfly and it's wings folded up so it appears to be in flight. The card base is a bright green, then black, a pale blue, another black layer and then white. I need more practice in coloring. I knew what I wanted the butterfly to look like, however, I am not sure I accomplished that. It looks alright, I think. What do you think?
Then I made her a post-it note holder. These are so easy to make and I like making them. Well, hope she likes her card and post-it note holder.

1 comment:

jalna said...

I love the colors of your butterfly. I used to love Judikins products back in the day when I was really into stamping. I forgot about that brand.