Friday, October 24, 2008

Baby Shower Card & Thank You Cards

Here is a card I made this evening for a baby shower tomorrow. I made the Baby Shower invitations a while ago. I've been wanting to use this technique where just part of the card is embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. It was not difficult at all to do. I used the Swiss Dots folder. I left the bottom inch or so blank, turned the card over and drew three score lines using my paper cutter and bone folder. There's two lines where the embossing ends and then another one just above the edge of the card. I used 2 different size circle punches and a scalloped circle punch. The image is from SU's Cuddles & Tickles stamp set. I used Copics to color the baby. The sentiment is from another SU set.

Then I made twelve Thank You cards using the same SU set. The striped paper is some DP I got from The Paper Garden. The ribbon is a pink check I found at Michael's. My picture taking is not the best so hope you can see these. I think the cards turned out really cute.


2 comments:

jalna said...

Hi Betty! Just wanted to tell you how much I love your card, especially the embossing. I love to stamp but have been neglecting this hobby lately. I have never even tried embossing yet. It sooooo adds to your card and makes it even more special. jalna

Betty Townsend said...

Thank you Jalna!! Time spent stamping is so relaxing and fun! You just need to get back into it. I'd love to see your creations. :)