Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Birthday Cards

Here are 3 birthday cards that I made this month. I needed to wait until after the birthdays were past before I posted them. The first two were for our twin daughters, Jenni and Joyce. The third one is for a girl that I use to work with. She resigned a week before I did and entered the academy to become a California Correctional Officer. She is presently assigned to the prison in Vacaville. Jenni works for a company that is a subsidary of Wachovia Bank (I think). She worked for The Money Store until it closed. It all has to do with home mortgages. Joyce teaches 3rd grade in Baldwin Park (So. California) and is the mother of our 2 youngest grandchildren. This was a big birthday for both of them. I won't say how old they are because they probably would get upset at me. :)

This pink card is the one I made for Joyce (pink is her favorite color). After I colored the image, I used a clear glitter pen to go all over the image. It's real sparkly.

Price: $3.50
This is the card I made for Jenni. The card is red which is her favorite color. I used one of my Cuttlebug embossing folders on the larger white layer. I absolutely love the Cuttlebug and find myself wanting to use it on all my cards. I used the clear glitter pen again on the image after I colored it in.
Price: $3.50

This is the card I made for Monica. The card is pink with a dark green layer. I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder on this one too. The next layer is a piece of designer paper from Basic Grey Sultry. I put pink Stickles in the center of the larger flowers and used the clear glitter pen again. The butterfly was cut from another piece of designer paper from the Basic Grey Sultry pack. The clear glitter pen was used on all the lines of the image. I put a thin strip of foam tape on the back side of the middle of the butterfly, folded it's wings up and then placed it on the card. The butterfly looks like it's in flight. Too Cool!! It looks a lot nicer in real life. One of my friends at church saw this card and wanted me to make one for her.
Price: $3.50


1 comment:

Kathy and Bobber-Wobbers said...

Beautiful cards Betty - all three of them are lovely. I'm hoping for the best for your daughter and son-in-law and their new venture!!