Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sunflowers for Fall

I spent most of the day today at my craft table. I saw this card in a magazine and just had to make it. I didn't have a sunflower stamp so I called the Paper Garden to see if they had any in stock. They did, so I made a quick trip down there. They actually had several sunflower stamps. This is the one I chose. There are actually 7 layers of cardstock on this card, more than I've ever used in a card. It needs a little work to it. The top 2 layers are a little too big and should be trimmed down a little. I'll do a revision when I make it again. The base card is a gray then a rust color layer, a piece of designer paper, a small strip of rust layered with kraft. The top 2 layers are a dark brown and white. I used SU's basic brown to stamp the sunflowers then colored them with SU's Summer Sun and More Mustard markers. The hard part was punching out 3 circles using a 1/4 inch hand punch, using a glue dot to adhere to the white layer, then using the 1/16 inch hand punch for a hole to insert the brads in. The ribbon is chocolate grosgrain by SU. The sunflower stamp is by Wordsworth/Rubber Soul. The card in the magazine was made as a Sympathy card. I decided to not put a saying on my card. It could be for any occasion; definitely a fall card. I think it turned out great even if it was rather involved.
This is another card I made today. I really like the way this one turned out. The base card is white. The two dark strips are black designer paper. There is actually a design on the paper; it can't be seen. The white strips over lap each other as the black strips do. I stamped the flowers in Warm Red chalk ink then cut them out. I used a clear glitter pen to go over the lines in the flower giving it some sparkle. I used foam tape to adhere them to the card. The flower stamp is by Savvy Stamps, the saying by A Muse, and the dp is from Cardmaker's Classic Creative Pack by Hot Off The Press.
Price: $3.50

1 comment:

Kathy and Bobber-Wobbers said...

Lovely cards Betty - I really like the colors on the sunflower card. I'm glad to see ONE of us has been back to blogging...sigh. Love looking at all your new stuff!!