Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Cards 2011

These are the Christmas cards I made this year, using designer scrapbook paper and some embellishments on certain ones. I wanted the cards to be clean and simple with a minimum of stamping. I did stamp sentiments inside of each one.

On this first one, the tree was first stamped with Versamark, then gold embossing powder was poured on, shaking the excess off and using the heat gun. A tiny clear rhinestone sticker was used on the star. I made 8 of these cards, 2 of each design. There is a tiny strip of gold shiny paper between the 2 layers and the tree is popped up.This is a 5 1/2 inch square card. The image was cut from one of the pages in this paper pad and popped up.

A very simple card. I used a retired Stampin Up set for this card. It is white on white with a layer of red shiny cardstock. The image was stamped in black ink and left uncolored...nothing else was added to the card other than a sentiment on the inside from the same stamp set. I made 20 of these. It was a perfect card for mass production.

The image was cut from the paper pad I used for this card and popped up. I used a red spica glitter pen on the red in the image. There is a layer of the gold paper behind it, and a thin gold strip between the 2 layers.

This is another 5 1/2 inch square card...ivory card base, paper, another ivory layer, a gold layer and the image was cut from the paper pad.

Different paper with the embossed tree. The paper used on these cards is from a My Minds Eye pad called "Lost & Found Christmas". The colors of the papers are browns and burgundys with some red. I love this pad and used a lot from it.




There is a strip of crocheted ribbon underneath the image which is popped up. This turned out really nice. I tried to make 2 cards of each image and layout.



The image is a clipboard tag that I popped up and added a ribbon on the corner.

Another image cut from the paper pad and popped up.



I love this card...probably my favorite...I used a tag from the paper pad and added ribbon.





A clipboard tag was used with some ribbon.

This is so precious.

Another tag...love this one too.


I made a total of 47 cards, far less than I have made in previous years. I also reduced the list significantly. I used these paper pads: Kaiser Craft "December 25th", Melissa Frances "Deck the Halls", My Mind's Eye "Lost & Found Christmas", Graphic 45 "Christmas Emporium" and Christmas Past. These papers are Victorian Christmas papers and clipboard tags. I really love these papers. I also used some paper and tags from K&Company "Elizabeth Brownd's Vision of Christmas", and tags from Kaiser Craft "December 25th".

I am glad I decided to try something different for cards this year. They all turned out fantastic and hope those that received any of these like them too. :)

6 comments:

jalna said...

Holy moly, that's lot of Christmas cards!! I love the one you sent me! Thank you.

Betty Townsend said...

Thanks, jalna... :)

Ann said...

I love the card we received. It's beautiful!

Betty Townsend said...

Thanks, Ann!! I enjoyed making this years cards because they were so easy and turned out so good! :) Trust you all are doing good!!! Hugs!!

Little C's Creations said...

Hi Betty!! Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!! Love your cards, so pretty n' elegant - and the vintage ones are gorjuss!! I hope you had a blessed Christmas. I haven't even worked on my Christmas cards this year for my crafty friends, but I am still going to do so, since I haven't had a chance to sit in my craft area lately. Well, thanks for stopping by - looking forward to getting back into the groove!! God Bless!!!

Betty Townsend said...

Hi Jen, thanks for stopping by. Trust your Christmas was great too. We spent a quiet one...going to see our So. California kids on Sunday...they are in town for a few days. Happy New Year to you and your family!!

Hugs!!