Saturday, December 17, 2011

Birthday Cards and a Wedding Card

Denise's card for her birthday in November. The only stamping is the "happy birthday" in the right bottom corner. My new interest in card making is to use designer scrapbook paper and embellishments with very little stamping...if any, at all. Click on the card to see a larger view of the card. I was quite pleased with the way it turned out and Denise liked it, as well. I got the paper I used from the Green Tangerine Scapbook store in Rocklin. I don't remember who it is made by.

The youngest daughter of some friends of ours got married in November. This is the card I made for she and her Marine husband...no stamping on the front...just paper and some tags I cut out from the paper pad I used. I punched out the butterflies using a Martha Stewart punch and embellished them with tiny pearl stickers...then used some larger pearl stickers on the die cut flourish. The flourish I used is from some that Denise made for me using her Cricut machine. I used another Martha Stewart border punch on the strip at the bottom. The paper I used is from a Graphic 45 pad called "Le Romantique".





This is a birthday card that I made for my older sister, Nani. Her birthday is in September. She loves butterflies. I used only paper and punched out the butterflies with the Martha Stewart punch. I used a clear rhinestone sticker on the butterflies and there are a few pearl stickers above the "happy birthday". I love this stamp and tend to use it a lot for birthday cards. The paper I used on this card is from a Basic Grey pad called "Kioshi".

No comments: