Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Card Kit Swap

Last summer one of the card swaps that I participated in on Splitcoast Stampers was making up card kits. I received 5 kits in the swap and they've been laying around waiting for me to put them together. One of the instructions for the swap was to include a recipe for putting the kit together or a picture of a finished card using the items in the kit. Well, none of the kits I received did either.


I decided to play with this particular one yesterday and finished it up this afternoon. I loved the colors that were included in the kit. I wasn't too crazy about the image yet I thought I would see what I could come up with. So here's my finished card. The layout is not something I would normally do. I attempted to do some shading with the Copic markers I used. Not the greatest attempt, yet it looks okay. I am pleased with the finished card. I need to find some of the slider charms that was included with the ribbon. I like how that looks. Now I'll see what I can do with the other kits I have. Oh, I wanted to say, this layout is completely my own. I did not take it from any other source, Splitcoast Stampers included. That is usually what I do, look on Splitcoast, find something I like then try to change it a little so it is not an exact CASE (copying and sharing with eveyone). :))


I've been wanting to host a card swap on Splitcoast so yesterday I put up a new thread for a swap. It is called "Adorable and Cute Cards" Here's a link for it if you want to go look. My friend Candice is the only one that has signed up so far. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488359


So, if you are reading my blog and would like to join in, please do so. These swaps are a lot of fun and the cards are amazing. I'm back to my craft table to try and do another kit.

2 comments:

jalna said...

So so so so cute dat dog in cat slippers! I always wondered what CASE meant.

Betty Townsend said...

He is kinda cute, huh. The more I look at him, the more I like him. I got 3 images in the card kit so I'm going to see what else I can come up with using him again. hahahaha!!