Friday, July 10, 2009

AMuseapalooza

Today is the start of AMuseapalooza. Some of you are probably thinking what in the world is that?? Today AMuse Art Stamps of Seattle, WA releases their new Christmas stamps and workshops are being held all over the country to make cards using the new stamps.

Julie Ebersole, who is the lead designer for AMuse, is in Sacramento this weekend to teach several classes at The Paper Garden. I took a couple of the classes last year and so wanted to do it again this year. Julie is not only very creative, she is also a very entertaining person to be around.

Her first class is Julie's Favorites where she will share some of her favorite AMuse images, tricks, tips and techniques for simple, striking cards. (I took this off of The Paper Garden's newsletter). It is from 10am to 12 noon. The second class I am taking is AMuse Holiday Greetings and Wraps. It is from 6pm to 8pm. "These distinctive single layer cards and gift wrap with matching tags will feature the AMuse Holiday '09 release. Cards are designed for easy mass production without sacrificing style and flair".

I am looking forward to these classes. This year The Paper Garden will be using the space next to them that was vacated by the business occupying that space earlier this year. So the classes will have more students than the classes last year.

I haven't taken any classes for some time now so this will be fun. Hopefully I will see some ladies I got to know from other classes I've taken in the past.

I'll post the cards we make later. I'm off to get some breakfast and get ready.

Later!!