Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Shopping In Ft. Worth

While in Ft. Worth I shopped at two Stamp/Craft Stores. Hobby Lobby is a Craft/Home Decor Store located throughout the southeast and southwest. They are like a Michael's only better with a lot more home decor items. The closest one to California are in the Phoenix, AZ area. I thought I saw a brand new one west of Phoenix.

I visited the one in Ft. Worth on my own. We had seen it on the Friday we were in town. We had gone to the Stockyards and were driving over to another part of town to eat at a Japanese restaurant Keith thought we might like. So the next day (Saturday) Gerry and Keith were going to go on a bike ride in the morning and after checking with Keith making sure I knew how to get there, I ventured off on my own. I had no problem finding it.

The stamp section was not very large with a very limited amount of stamps. I did find these stamps that I thought were nice. (I am not sure what happened to the picture. It was fine with I downloaded it to my computer, however for some reason I have a line splitting the images in two pieces).
They did have a nice selection of Cuttlebug embossing folders. This one has 5 different butterfly folders. You know I love butterflies!!!
The next 3 are border embossing folders. I have looked at these online at several different spots and have wanted to get them. I used the swiss dots border on a card I made for my granddaughter's birthday. I also have the full size swiss dots folder which I have used a lot.

I really liked this branch with leaves.

I am anxious to do some creating with these folders.
Before we left on our vacation, I asked Gerry to ask Keith if there were any stamp stores in Ft. Worth. The next time Gerry was on the phone with Keith, I reminded him to ask Keith. Keith googled stamp stores and found one that was going out of business.
So after getting to our hotel in Ft. Worth, Keith asked me if I wanted to go check out the stamp store. Gerry needed to find a bike shop to get a rear view mirror he clips onto his sunglasses when he rides. He had left the one he has at home. Keith said there was a bike shop right around the corner from the stamp store. So we went down to the stamp store, parked the car there and they walked around the corner to the bike shop while I shopped. The owner still had quite a bit of stock left, marked down to as much as 40% off.
Here is what I purchased: some VersaMagic chalk ink pads, 5 yards each of 3 different kinds of ribbon by May Company, a couple of packages of 2 different kinds of brads, glue dots and an A Muse stamp.
The owner has had her shop for 13 years and decided not to renew her lease which expired today. Her husband is retired and they want to do some traveling.






No comments: