Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New SCS Card Swaps - 2011

I completed 2 new SCS card swaps today...one is due on the 11th and the other on the 15th.

The first one is a Happy Birthday swap. I used the same layout that I used for Denise's birthday card with different colors. I really like how this turned out...the black flourish is from some that Denise made for me with her Cricut. The prima flower is from a pack of flowers I got in a goodie bag from our December Shoebox swap. This card is for a Flowers for a Friend SCS swap. The main stamp image is from a retired Stampin' Up set. I used the sentiment stamp from this set and stamped just the "Friends" from the stamp. The butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch and the crystal stickers are from Michael's. I really like this card too. Its so "girly"!
I purchased the designer scrapbook paper from the Green Tangerines Scrapbook store in Rocklin. I love that store! The selection of paper is fantastic!!
Now that the holidays are over I will be gearing up to participate in more SCS swaps. Last year I participated in 19 SCS swaps from May to November and 6 Shoebox card swaps for a total of 25 swaps. I haven't counted how many cards I made for all those swaps...I'll just say "lots"!!

2 comments:

jalna said...

I looove your "girly" cards!

Betty Townsend said...

Thanks, jalna!