Friday, August 27, 2010

Nor Cal Shoebox Card Swap - August 14th

On August 14th, 8 of us from our Shoebox Swap group got together to make cards and socialize. We met at a Round Table Pizza Place over in Fair Oaks. It is the same one where daughter Elizabeth has her girls' birthday parties. They have a huge room that can be closed off and then there's a smaller section off to itself. We had reserved the huge room, however, since there was just 8 of us, we decided to use the smaller section. It worked out fine.


This first card is Tyana's. She lives in West Sacramento and is a friend of Jenni's. This was her second swap of ours to come to. Anyway, this is a gatefold card. Very nice...except don't look too closely...I've got my image upside down. :) The colors are black, a brownish red and gold. Very Fall. The inside of the card, a layer of ivory cardstock and a leaf brad.
This is Tyana's second project...a little treat holder. So cute.
Karen did 2 projects...this first one is a gift card holder. I am not very good at tying bows.
Here's the inside. The middle part is where the gift card would go. Super neat idea.
For Karen's 2nd project, she did a Valentine's card. I'm not sure that this is how it is suppose to go together. I didn't finish this at the swap so guessed and read her instructions that she included. A message was suppose to be written in the crossword puzzle.
On the inside of the front, she punched a heart so the red shows through....
Then on the back she punched out another heart. A piece of white cardstock was put in the inside so it shows through the heart. Clever idea.
This is Joyce's Christmas card. It is another type of gate fold card. Very adorable...love the snowman.
Jenni's card. The inside layer slides out. The card base is a dark purple. The orange looks really great with it. Jenni lives in Vacaville.
Here's Bonnie's card. Her cards are always so nice.
Julie's card. She was our hostess for this swap. She had to leave to help her sister with her one-year-0ld niece's birthday party so she couldn't stay. She did come back later. Anyway on her card, we used watercolor crayons on the pumpkin. Then used a blender pen to shade. This is not something I do very well. It looks ok though, I think.
Rhonda's card. This was her second swap and I do believe she is going to be one of our regulars. She lives in Antelope, not too far from me. Its been fun getting to know her.
And lastly, here are my cards. I think I did a little bit too much sponging around the buck.
And my second card. I'm not sure that I got what I was trying to do on the dove. Everyone thought it looked great.
Our next swap is sometime in October. We don't have a date yet or where it will be held. These sure are fun and the ladies are all so neat. I thoroughly enjoy being around them.